General Counseling St Paul MN
I provide counseling services for a variety of different issues, utilizing a number of empirically supported approaches. My philosophy about therapy is to help individuals and couples build lives of greater purpose, meaning, and vitality.
While addressing a broad range of life challenges, I specialize in the following areas:
- Worry / Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Marital Difficulties
- Work Stress
- Pornography addiction/Sexual Integrity Issues
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Values focused approach
- Considered part of the Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy tradition of therapies
- Emphasis is on acceptance of one’s suffering, which in specific terms means the difficult thoughts, feelings, and sensations that inevitably come with the human experience. Learn to let go of the struggle to get rid of unpleasant, unwanted internal experiences.
- Pay attention to the here-and-now of life. Find effective ways to stay in the present moment so as to build a more rich and full life.
- Actively learn new skills.
Compassion-Focused Therapy (CFT)
- A form of psychotherapy that emphasizes the development of self-compassion in people who are prone to feelings of shame and self-criticism.
Dialectical BehaviorTherapy (DBT)
- DBT combines standard cognitive-behavioral techniques for emotion regulation and reality-testing with concepts of distress tolerance, acceptance, and mindful awareness
- Skills based approach to what is referred to as skillful living
I’d Love to Speak With You
Let’s chat… I’d love to hear from you! Give me a call: 651-587-1807.
Alternatively, you can send me an email: email@example.com.