Anxiety Counseling St Paul MN
Has fear or worry hijacked your life?
- Are you worried all the time?
- Do you suffer with feelings of panic?
- Do you avoid situations that you used to feel comfortable in?
- Do you experience troubling physical symptoms, like a pounding heart, shortness of breath, and sweating, combined with fear of “going crazy” or a feeling that you’re detached from yourself?
- Do you have unwelcome thoughts and fears that get in the way of enjoying life?
- Do you struggle with obsessive thinking? Compulsive behavior?
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, help is available to reduce the influence and impact of them so that you can move forward with your life.
Anxiety is a part of the human experience but need not keep you from experiencing peace and moving in the direction of what is most important to you.
There are a number of therapy approaches (Solution-Focused Therapy, Schema Therapy, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, Motivational Interviewing, Positive Psychology, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) that I utilize when helping clients suffering with anxiety related problems.
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) is what I find most informative and helpful which is a Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy approach.
ACT works by helping people to develop new ways of responding to their thoughts and feelings so that they can overcome psychological barriers and live rich and meaningful lives.
Paying more attention to the here-and-now, rather than spending lots of time with your mind dwelling on the past and worrying about the future are but a few of the needed elements to overcome crippling types of anxiety.
I’d Love to Speak With You
Let’s chat… I’d love to hear from you! Give me a call: 651-587-1807.
Alternatively, you can send me an email: email@example.com.